Waller County Churches
COMMUNITY CHAPEL - Hempstead
In 1947, a group of Christians began a prayer meeting in the home of Ed and Frances Stork in Waller - ministers who had a radio broadcast each Sunday over KWHI, a Brenham station. The prayer group continued for many years and in July of 1964, the old Baptist Church in Hempstead was purchased. Rev. Stork held regular services and the church was named 'Community Chapel' as it was non-denominational.