School Students & Faculty
Cedar Creek School Group 1924
The Cedar Creek School was one of the first schools organized in Waller County. Cedar Creek Cemetery and school site are located on FM-2979 between Highway 6 and Klocker Road. Klocker is a section of the old Hempstead - Navasota Stagecoach Road that was bypassed and replaced by Highway 6. Some of the students were members of the Heise Family. The Cedar Creek Community was north of the Rock Island Community on Highway 6 in NW Waller County. Cedar Creek flows to the Brazos via Donohoe Creek from north of the Rock Island area of NW Waller County. This hilly area was once dotted with wagon roads, saw mills, and sorghum syrup presses. Cedar Creek is fed by Rocky Creek, which is originates at Hubbard Springs. Hubbard Springs are mineral springs where people came to camp and use the water for health and cures in the 1800?s. Center Hill Road to the south was the site of the Center Hill Settlement, which became a black community with a church and school after the Civil War.