Waller County Buildings and Areas
Cotton Gin Restraurant
Donigan Cotton Gin South of Highway 90 at FM-362 in Brookshire, the Donigan cotton gin, built in 1936 by H. F. Donigan was the last operating gin in Waller County. After falling into disuse, after 1948, the old gin was converted into a restaurant in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Harris Garrett. An older Donigan gin in Patterson was built in the 1870?s. It was purchased by Hagadoor Donigan in 1886. The Donigans were the first complete family of Armenians to settle in Pattison. Much more on these gins, and others in Waller County, may be found in ?Cotton Gins of Waller County? by the Waller County Historical Commission.