Schools of Waller County
Bob Burton School
There were two schools on Mt. Zion Road, in the 1920?s. The older was Mt. Zion School, located about 50 yards west of Hall Road on the north side of Mt. Zion Road. A new school was built in in 1925, on the south side of Mt. Zion between the Sunnyside cemetery and Lewis Lane. It was named Bob Burton, since he donated the land. This was a Rosenwald funded school for black children.