Waller County Texas Historical Commission / Society

Waller County Texas History, offered by the Waller County, TX Historical Commission/Society

School Students & Faculty

PATTISON SCHOOL (1903 - 1904)

« Back to Album Photo 65 of 125 Previous | Next
PATTISON SCHOOL (1903 - 1904)
Mr. Jenkins from Missouri was the teacher and boarded at the home of Mr. and Mrs. George M. Pattison. First Row: Willie Clemons, Ed Pearson, John Gaston, Hike Donigan, George Pattison, Reese Jones, Robert Blystone, Cady Greer. Second Row: Horace Halbison, Walter Ebel, Veta Sterling, Zollie Sterling, Winnie Cliett, Corrie Pattison, Ruby Palmer. Third Row: Lena Ebel, Ella Palmer, Lula Pattison, Lizzie Clapp, Clara Pearson, Sadie Palmer, Sallie Gaston, Fritz Ebel. Fourth Row: Helen Burford, Anna Sterling, Rollins Pattison, Mr. Jenkins, Chambliss Sterling, Tilda Ebel, Ophelia Pearson, Grace Godkin, Mattie Burford, Hamblen Pattison. Pattison was on the Atascocita Trail where roads to Anderson and Harrisburg branched off. It flourished in the 1800?s on the Texas Western railroad and was replaced by Brookshire, about 4 miles SE on the MKT railroad. The ?main drag? was not FM-359, which is upon the old Texas Western narrow gauge railroad bed. The first street (not trail) is parallel and one block to the NE, ending today in the old school yard. A small white painted brick building was the elementary and high school in the 1940?s. The railroad turntable was between the old school and the Post Office.
Posted on February 16, 2012 Full Size| Slideshow