School Students & Faculty
Slovanville opened in the 1890?s with Mr. Voitek teaching in the one-room school. The school had six to eight students from the Slovanville Community. Czech Europeans who came from Slovenia named the community. The school served as the community center and was about four miles southwest of Waller in the Justo Liendo Survey. The Kulhanek family donated the land and building after 1893. Site of SPJST Czech lodge, school and dance hall. Located at the end of a short dead-end road, about 100 yards west of the junction of Blinka and Haley Roads. Several public schools had dances in the 20?s and 30?s, usually with Czech polka bands. A 1908 property survey, Robinson, M. H. to J. A. Maxwell, references a road from Slovanville to Waller.