School Students & Faculty
Union School 1924
The Union School was located just north of the NE corner of FM-1488 and Mayer Road, about a half-mile north of the Shiloh Baptist Church and Cemetery - all north of Prairie View A & M University on FM-1098. Union School was a consolidation of Kirby Chapel School, about a mile to the north, and Pond Creek School about a mile to the south. The Union School was opened prior to 1915, since Beulah Kaley was the first graduate on April 21, 1915. The school had several rooms and after consolidating with Waller, the building was divided in two. One half remained on site and became a private home. The other half was moved to Fields Store. This 1924 photo shows Miss Mitchell, and her first through third grade students.