Waller County Churches
CEDAR CREEK METHODIST CHURCH
An agreement between W. A. Does and John Pitts Sr. is recorded wherein for money expended by T. M. Morris (for building or the one acre?) on Cedar Creek Church, they would each pay half. The church would be used for both Methodist and Baptist services and for school. The agreement was not dated. Prior to 1925, Mrs. Mariabelle Thornton Cooke held Sunday School for children of all denominations. Joe B. Dewees attended school here and was the first regular Apostolic Faith preacher in 1925. In latter years, Sarah Johnson lived in the building after her home, which had been on the Kloecker place for many years, was destroyed by fire. Cedar Creek was one of the first schools in Waller County. Located on the SW corner of Cedar Creek (FM-2979) and Kloecker Road. Kloecker Road is a section of the old Hempstead - Navasota stage trail.