Waller County Churches
LAWRENCE KEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Trustees of the Lawrence Key Methodist Episcopal Church South received the deed to six acres from J. M. and Mamie Key in 1891. The land was part of the Willie Lewis tract 'to be used for divine and school purposes.' Very little information is available locally on this older church, but recently with a small membership, trustees John Livingston, Melvin Sheperd, Johnny Ragston, Howard Sheperd, and Secretary Roberts Livingston continue to maintain this church. The church is on the north side of FM-1736 about two miles east of Highway 6.