Waller County Churches
REID'S PRAIRIE BAPTIST CHURCH
In 1890 a meeting was held in the nearby Myrtle Grove school house to organize the Reid's Prairie Baptist Church. Services were held in the school until the church was built in 1895 on land donated by D. A. McAlpine on FM-362 in North Waller County, near the Grimes County line. Rev. J. N. Clayton was the first pastor with charter members including families McConnell, Danford, Shelton, McAlpine, Campbell, Milam, Robertson, Andrews, Ray, and Sanders.