Waller County Churches
ST. LUKE'S BAPTIST CHURCH - Center Hill
St. Luke's Missionary Baptist Church bought one acre on the north side of the Hempstead and Courtney Road from Delum Toller and wife in 1887. Jessie Deslin, a widow, sold to jasper Garrett, Ed Thompson, and Jessie Deslin, trustees of the St. Lukes Baptist Church of the Center Hill Community a parcel of land out of the McLin Bracy League in 1970. The Hempstead - Courtney Road is the same as the later Hempstead - Navasota Road, which was replaced first by the Howth Road along railroad, and later by Highway 6.