Schools of Waller County
Ventilation was an obvious design concern, as the huge cupola or tower dominates the architecture. The photo appears on a post card. In courthouses and public buildings of the era, the tower housed the bell or clock and it?s function as a ?convection current? draft vent is hardly noticed. The tower was above stairways or halls to vent air sucked in through open windows. The brick ?gym-like? building is detached as is the small frame building in the rear. The rest rooms were one-story frame additions on either side of the back of the main building in 1924 - and they had running water and electric lights. The school was located on the site of the present elementary school campus, the front of the building faced north, looking up 12th Street.