Waller County Texas Historical Commission / Society

Waller County Texas History, offered by the Waller County, TX Historical Commission/Society

School Students & Faculty

Springer/McPherson School Students 1898

« Back to Album Photo 114 of 125 Previous | Next
Springer/McPherson School Students 1898
The Macedonia Community built a one-room school in 1873 on what is now Macedonia Road. Mr. Enoch McPherson was the first teacher. Other teachers were Sally Hegar, May Hegar, Mrs. Lena McPherson, T. W. Garrett, Raymond Bennett, and Julia Lange. Over the years, the school and the community were called Hegar, Springer, and McPherson. Front Row: kneeling; Leslie Dinkins, Frank Pate, Archie Lloyd, Harry Glass, Walter Glass, Nick Dinkins, Ernest Lloyd, Isaac Lloyd. Second Row: seated; Mrs. Bill Page, Maude McPherson, Norma Pate, Lulu Windham, Agnes Leverkuhn, Ida Glass, Mary Emma Lloyd, Berta Dinkins, Birdie Ray, Edna Sheffield, Effie Hegar. Third Row: teacher Lena Page, Mamie Page, Julia McPherson, Estell Page, Fannie Page, John Page, Tabbie Sheffield, Mollie Ray, Edna Dinkins. Back Three: standing; Emma May Windham, Tommy Ray, Oscar Dinkins.
Posted on May 17, 2012 Full Size| Slideshow