Farm and Ranch
Trettin & Trettin Gin Co
F.A. Trettin in 1915-16 came to Brookshire from Orchard, TX. He and his three sons: Charlie, Theodore, and August caught enough fish (most likely from the Brazos River) to start a ginning business. After the father's death, two of the sons, Charlie and Theodore, commonly know as "Sketter", operated the business as a partnership until 1936 as Trettin and Trettin Gin Co. Then in was converted from steam power to electricity in 1928. The business was sold to H. P Donigan 1936.