Waller County Churches
LEWISVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH
Lewisville, sometimes referenced as Louisville, is a black community named for Louis Gooden, on Lynn Bayou or Lewisville Creek. Before the Brazos shifted westward and formed Perry Lake, Lewisville Road continued from Hempstead to the Hinton Ferry on the Brazos. The Lewisville School lasted from 1873 until it was annexed into the Hempstead School District in the late 1920's.