Waller County Churches
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH of HEMPSTEAD
About 1955, a group of Lutheran Christians and Rev. A. H. Mohr were meeting in the Winkelmann building. From 1956 to 1959, Rev. Walter Thornmeyer was the pastor. Reverend Virgil Pecht was installed in 1962 and the church organized into a congregation of the American Lutheran Church - renamed Trinity Lutheran Church. In1967, ground breaking for the new church was held. Serving on the building committee were Mr. and Mrs. M. A. Dodd Jr., G. W. Kramer, Edward Hoff, Mrs. Lonnie Mikeska, E. H. Iseit, and Arno Pfeffer. By December, dedication services were held and the congregation moved into their new sanctuary. A hall, kitchen, and class rooms have since been added.