Waller County Churches
WESLEY CHAPEL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH - Pattison
It is unknown when Wesley Chapel was organized. The first deed on record was two acres close to the Brazos from Grant T. Ross to Leroy Samuels, Samuel M. Kingston, and Smith Blackwell as trustees in 1874. The church, which was in the Ross Community, was commonly called 'The Ross Church.' At one time the Asbury School was on the west side of the two acres. After Brazos flooding and erosion demolished the school. The church was moved to a new site conveyed by Roy Muske to trustees, Will Randle, Leonard Andrews, and Louis Byas. The current name was adopted in 1968. The church serves the Garrett Road Community, NW of Pattison.