Waller County Buildings and Areas
Waller Weygand Hotel & Umland Brothers Hardware on right
Weygand Hotel & Livery 1892-1906, Ed Weygand Sr. owner. Large two story hotel with porches was located on the north side of Main street just west of Umland Hardware & the corner of Main & Farr streets Built by E.F. Juergens for the Weygands, the building served as both a hotel & the Weygand family home until 1895 when it was sold to S.W. White. In 1906 the building was purchased by Dr. Noack for use as his home & office. In 1923, the hotel was sold to William & Rena Frey. & served as their home until 1936 when it was purchased by J.C. Jenkins.. He had the building moved with logs , horses & ropes to behind Jenkins Hardware, facing Cherry street. In early 1940's S,E. & Mary Mayo purchased the building, removed the porches and moved it to Smith street behind the school.