Schools of Waller County
John Ogg built a small one room school at his home on Walnut Creek near Joseph Road shortly after the Civil war. About 1880, T. S. Dinkins donated land on Macedonia Road, north of ?Three-Mile Creek, for a school. The new Ogg School was a one room, vertical clapboard building, resembling a smokehouse from the front. It was never painted and had no interior ceiling. The Ogg School had eight grades and Oren Etheridge was one of the teachers. In the 1920?s, Ogg consolidated with McPherson School to form the two-teacher Macedonia School. Herbert Gosler and his foster mother, Mrs. J. O. Dinkins donated land for the school. The Macedonia School consolidated with Waller in 1942.