Schools of Waller County
Monaville was named for the daughter of the first postmaster and never listed as a Texas town. Monaville was a crossroads community center for both black and whites. With the F. S. Styers Cotton Gin, and later the Shindler Gin, Lupe?s store on FM-359, the Monaville School on FM-1887 and Hayes Tavern on the northwest corner of FM-1887 and Holik Road - Monaville could have become a town. A railroad would have assured it. The Monaville School District included three schools: Monaville, Aurora, and Sunnyside. The Monaville School had 11 grades in 1934.